Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped into ½-inch dice
2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 18 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
6 cups vegetable broth
2 small red potatoes or Yukon Gold, cut into ½-inch dice
1 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch dice
12 oz fresh green beans, chopped
2 cups frozen corn
2 bay leaves
½ teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
½-1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
chopped fresh thyme and parsley, for topping
bread or crackers for serving
- Heat a large stockpot or dutch oven over medium heat on the stovetop. Add oil. Once warm, add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and fragrant, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and stir in curry powder, Italian seasoning and lay leaves. Cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in tomatoes, broth, potatoes, zucchini, green beans and corn. No need to defrost the corn, just throw it in frozen.
- Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for about 25-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Remove bay leaves and stir in lemon juice. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed
- Serve warm with fresh thyme and parsley for topping. Serve with crusty bread and crackers.
Serving: 1/6 of recipe Calories: 205kcal Carbohydrates: 34g Protein: 6g Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g Sodium: 899mg Fiber: 6g Sugar: 12g
Original Recipe: https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/vegetable-soup/#wprm-recipe-container-55170