4 medium to large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 tsp sea salt
Pinch of ground cumin
6 tbs ice water, plus more as needed
- In a medium bowl, combine the garlic and lemon juice. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into another medium bowl. Press the garlic solids with a spatula to extract as much liquid as possible and discard the excess.
- Add the tahini, salt and cumin to the bowl. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Add water 2 tbs at a time, whisking after each until smooth. After about 6 tbs you should have a perfectly creamy and light colored tahini sauce.
- Add more what if necessary. Salt and lemon to taste and serve.