2 tsp olive oil
1/2 cup onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and diced
4 ounce can diced green chiles
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
12 ounce can diced tomato, do not drain
2 tbsp taco seasoning
6 cups chicken broth
1 russet potato, peeled and diced
salt and pepper to tase
1/2 cup corn
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. add the onion, celery and carrots and cook for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the green chilies, chicken, tomato and taco seasoning to the pot, along with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken broth and potato and bring to a simmer
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in the corn
- Cook for 2-3 more minutes, then top with cilantro and serve.