Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion diced
2 celery stalks sliced
2 large carrots sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
4 yukon potatoes diced (3-4 cups chopped)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 garlic cloves minced
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups peas frozen
2 cups corn frozen
2 cups plant-based milk
Fresh parsley for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, celery and carrots to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped potatoes, thyme and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the vegetable broth. Bring mixture to a boil, then simmer until the vegetables soften, about 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to lightly blend the soup so it’s thicker but still chunky. You can remove some of the vegetables aside to stir back in if you prefer to have more whole vegetables.
- Stir in the peas, corn and milk, and simmer until the vegetables are warmed through and soup has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parsley and crusty bread, if desired.
Calories: 267kcal, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 11g, Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Sodium: 184mg, Potassium: 926mg, Fiber: 8g, Sugar: 7g, Vitamin A: 3971IU, Vitamin C: 38mg, Calcium: 174mg, Iron: 5mg
Original Recipe: https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/creamy-vegetable-soup/