1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup water
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3 spring onions
1 tbsp olive oil
Optional: 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1 bell pepper
- Combine the flour, water, turmeric, salt, pepper and chili flakes togehter (if using chili flakes, throw them in a blender or food processor first to make them finer). Leave it to settle for a few minutes while you hear up the oil or ghee in a non-stick pan. The batter needs to look very runny!
- Dice the veggies finely and add them to the mixture.
- Use cooking spray on the pan to ensure nothing sticks.
- Cook for about 3 minutes – the mixture will quickly start to firm.
- Make sure you use a large pan, you’re aiming for thin pancakes.
- Use a large spatula to help you flip the pancakes, adding more oil/spray underneath if needed. After another 2-3 minutes, your pancake should be ready!
- Keep it somewhere warm while you repeat this process for the remaining batter.
- Done! Add your desired toppings and enjoy. For best results, only eat pancakes when warm.
Note: add chutney, red onion, yogurt dip, hummus, avocado, guacamole or pickle to top off your pancakes.