2 cup whole spelt flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 and 1 cup warm water as needed
- Mix together flour and salt
- Cut in the olive oil
- Stir in the water, starting with 3/4 cup and adding more as needed. The dough should be moistened but not sticky
- Knead the dough for 1-2 mins
- Make a large ball out of the dough
- Place in a bowl and cover for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large non stick pan over high heat.
- Make 8 smaller dough balls and shape into a flat tortilla on a floured surface
- Place the tortilla (on at a time) on the pre heated pan
- Cook until you see bubbles, about 20-30 seconds
- Flip the tortilla and heat the other side for 5-10 seconds
- Place cooked tortilla on a plate, and immediately cover to trap heat
- Eat immediately or store in a sealed ziplock bag in the fridge.